Hotel Portici is located 50mt from lake Garda, on III Novembre square in Riva del Garda. From the hotel you can easily reach shops and beaches. The hotel location is ideal to start bike or walking tours around the lake.
Hotel Portici is located in a restricted traffic area (ZTL in Italian) which can be accessed once on the day of arrival, and once on the day of departure. You can enter the area passing through the Gate 3 in Piazza Catena.
To access the ZTL, you have to communicate your license plate when checking in and collect the receipt released by the concierge.
We will not be liable if, for any reason, you won't follow this procedure.
Within 200mt from the hotel you find:
- il porto con l’attracco dei battelli
- Small port for your boat trips on Lake Garda
- Apponale tower
- Alto Garda Museum
- Riva del Garda beach with beach-volley and basketball fields, playground for children, water sports
Walking or bike tours from the hotel:
- 200mt Bastione: military rest of building, 30 minutes walk from the hotel along one of the path crossing the Rocchetta Mountain with a beautiful view over the lake. You can reach Santa Barbara Curch dating from the early '900m at 625 metres.
- 200 mt Ponale panoramic path on the lake just for bikers and pedestrians.
- flat walk along the lake to Trobole (4 km).
- 4 km Varone water fall; the water from Magnone (or Varone) river creates this spectacular water fall, falling from 90 meters high. You can visit it through equipped paths with steps and balconies. Ticket for visiting. Parking, picnic area and service nearby.
- bike path Riva/Torbole/Arco asphalt path in the vegetation. Many service areas along the way.
Other interesting excursions around Riva:
- Arco (4 km): interesting to visit is the botanical garden rich of Mediterranean vegetation. The ancient part of the town is at the feet of the castle situated on the rock. Recently renovated it is possible to reach it walking along a path in the olive trees.
- Rovereto (20Km): historical city rich of tradition offers lots of monuments and museums. One of these is Mart museum rich of contemporary and modern art.
- Trento (50Km): Roman city of art and history, a great mixture of cultures. Many shopping opportunities.
- Ledro Valley (15 km): the landscape is dominated from mountains and forests. The village Molina di Ledro situated on the lake was built two thousand years before Christ and was an ideal place for the development of the stilt houses. Today it is possible to visit the precious archaeological patrimony thanks to the rests conserved in the nearby museum.
- Tenno (10 km): this glacial romantic lake is the perfect place to relax. Right in the mountain, surrounded from the green of the trees, the lake offers a peaceful atmosphere.